Magento 2 is one of the most popular CMS in the world. Thousands of e-commerce sites are created annually on its basis, and the volumes of goods sold with the help of Magento 2 exceed one hundred billion US dollars!
What is the secret of Magento 2? This is a platform with a powerful scalable architecture, but that's not all! The advantages of using Magento 2 include the next coming pack of facts:
- Magento 2 is compatible with the latest technologies, such as PHP 7, which means faster loading (compared to Magento 1). Magento 2 can handle 10 million page views per hour!
- Multi-store, multilingual. Magento provides an easy way to create additional sites using subdirectories and design options.
- Easy admin panel. It is very convenient for setting up, creating products, navigating and filtering data.
- Best shopping process. Easy checkout, user-friendly interface for mobile UI / UX devices and improved search functionality
- New features and modern technologies. PHP7, HTML5, CSS3 and LESS / SASS preprocessors, RequireJS, installation-updates using Composer and the like.
- Scalability and modularity allow you to expand Magento fully to your needs.
- Magento has a global ecosystem of more than 300,000 developers and a network of more than 1,000 highly qualified technology and solution partners.
- And for the creators of online stores, Magento 2 templates play a decisive role in choosing a platform for e-commerce - simple and intuitive versions of ready-made solutions on which it is so easy to create your own website.
The basis of working with Magento 2 is the use of site layouts, as well as templates that are responsible for the color scheme, visual design of the site and its functionality. It is the work with templates that allows you to create a unique e-commerce project that will be remembered by customers from the very first seconds of going to the site.
But there are pitfalls that new owners of online stores who have chosen Magento 2 as a CMS are facing. First of all, it’s about the download speed. The statistics are disappointing: if your site loads too long, the customer may not wait and go in search of faster stores for a quick purchase. What to do in this case? We will give a couple of useful tips and reveal interesting pieces in working with Magento 2 templates!
Tip 1: Use the latest versions of the platform - so you can lower the chance to encounter bugs and can get more opportunities to use new features.
Tip 3: Clean your cache regularly. We are talking about both the server cache and the ability to use cached data in the memory of the site visitor’s browser. For these purposes, Magento 2 provides a special extension Magento Cache Configuration, which can be activated directly from the admin panel of the site. You can also use PHP Accelerator and MySQL query cache for optimization.
Tip 4: do not overdo it with the number of extensions and add-ons: each of them, no matter how comfortable it is, makes the site heavier and makes downloading it longer. It is better to choose a fast, but minimalist option than a “heavyweight” site with a lot of benefits.
Tip 5: Use the Flat Catalog resource - a tool to save customer requests and select products - you can activate it from the admin panel, and the site speed will be higher.
Tip 6: Some hardware solutions will help you! First, use removable drives for the server (SSD rules the world!) — they are 20 times faster than hard drives. Do not reduce the disk space to minimum and always have a small amount of Gb in store for your server’s needs! Check your processors for processing peak traffic.
Tip 7: Optimize the size of the images on the site! Many online stores lose their download speed due to too heavy and large in size downloaded graphics files and multimedia ones. Converters in a lightweight format and selection of small previews will solve this problem quickly.
Tip 8: Logs and databases should not be stored for a long time. By default, Magento 2 has a configured retention period for half a year, and this is a significant period for which a lot of unnecessary logs will accumulate on your server, which will act as brakes. Clean the logs regularly - and the site will work faster.
Tip 9: Do not forget about virus attacks! No matter how you strive for 100% site protection, no one is insured against advanced online viruses! Therefore, regular anti-virus check will help catch the "new unwanted inhabitants" of your server.
Arranging your own e-commerce on the basis of a convenient CMS Magento 2 - it's easy! And with our tips, you can achieve optimal operation of the entire system with minor means. So take them to note and use regularly to make your own e-commerce business flourishing and effective one.